Office Visits with Tucson Periodontist, Dr. Brien Harvey
Your first visit is all about you – your comfort, your happiness, and your health.
During your first visit, we will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Take X-rays of your teeth and mouth, as needed. It is always helpful to try to get us all current X-rays from your general dentist.
- Dr. Harvey will do a complete examination, focusing on evaluating the health of your gums. The examination will also include an oral cancer screening and an analysis of your bite and TMJ.
- When the examination is complete, Dr. Harvey will review his findings and discuss with you options for restoring health and function. Dr. Harvey used to be a dental faculty member, so he loves questions, and you can be assured that you will leave with an understanding of your oral condition.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your completed patient information form
- Your insurance card
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The standard of care for recall intervals for patients with a history of periodontal (gum) disease is having a check-up and cleaning every three months. In most instances, Dr. Harvey will recommend alternating these recalls between our office and your general dental office.
We understand that you have a busy schedule, so when you're preparing to visit the dentist, please remember that a complete examination appointment generally lasts between 75 and 90 minutes.